IT, Worry Free.
Hackers are getting more common and more skilled every day. Many businesses don’t keep track of their IT, and hackers use this to their advantage. This means if you’re a business, you will almost definitely be targeted. So what is managed IT? A fully managed solution is a proactive approach to all of your technology needs. This means that we’re here to prevent tech problems, as well as fix them.
With a fully managed solution you’ll receive the benefits of:
- a fully staffed technology team, up to date software & hardware
- peace of mind knowing your critical business data is kept safe from natural disasters and malicious programs or users
- the ability to call someone at 3am because you have an important document that needs to be sent out ASAP and your email isn’t working right.
You get the perfect IT guy. You know, the one who is always available, gets along with everyone, can solve every problem, and even brings in their own equipment for everyone to use. While our IT guy takes care of your tech, you can take care of business.
There is no need to worry about a fluctuating bill. Know your costs and improve your cash flow by converting capital expenditures to operational expenditures.
New equipment means you’re always going to have reliable equipment to keep you in business and ensure your employees can remain productive.
Products are only as good as the support behind it. Know that you’ll be taken care of with 24/7 support and equipment coverage.
Disasters happen. Pipes break, lightning strikes, and someone didn’t make sure the backup was actually running. We’ll protect you so your data is safe from viruses, former employees, and mother nature. We ensure that when everyone else is down, you’re still up.
Unlimited Help & Support
Unlimited help & support.
Feeling overwhelmed with problems?
Jane has been doing an awesome job at fielding computer problems in the office, but it is really putting a strain on her day to day activities that she was hired to do. Don’t worry. We have Jane’s back. We’ll take ownership of all technology trouble users may be having and implement the proper solution, so Jane gets her time back, as well as your productive and happy employees.
But wait, there’s more!
- Have a sales presentation in 20 minutes and PowerPoint won’t open? Covered.
- Need to get a time-sensitive email out at 3 am, but have no one to call? Covered.
- Internet connection down in the office again? Covered.
- Hit with ransomware? Covered.
We manage your vendor relationships.
Whether it is your ISP, phone company, or print provider we’ll handle all of your technical issues. We ensure they’re resolved correctly and in a timely manner, so you can focus on your clients.
Backup & Disaster Recovery
Is your data at risk?
Having a single backup is no longer an option for mission critical data. To remain competitive businesses need to protect their data against equipment failures, viruses, theft, natural disasters, fires, and even past employees.
Did you know…
- The average cost of network down time for a business is approximately $5600 per minute. That’s $300,000 an hour.
- Data loss is responsible for a total of $1.7 trillion dollars in loss for businesses each year.
- Many businesses back up their data as often as every 5 minutes to keep themselves safe.
- Ransomware detections are up 90% since 2017.
- 30 precent of businesses have to disaster recovery strategy in place.
Your data is critical to your business.
Don’t put it on the back burner. To learn more about the how and why to backup solutions give us a call.
Reducing your downtime is critical to keeping your business functioning smoothly. It is important to make sure that your recovery plan provides a timely response.
Backups don’t do any good if they aren’t able to be verified. Just because a backup job was successful doesn’t mean that backup is safe from data corruption.
A single copy of your data isn’t enough. Make sure your data isn’t lost to environmental factors or theft.
Customized Recovery Plan
Your business is unique. Your backup & disaster recovery plan should be unique to your business. Let us help you make one.
Hardware as a Service (HaaS)
Improve your cash flow.
Improve your cash flow.
Technology isn’t cheap. Make it easy on yourself and pay an all-inclusive flat rate and never have to worry about large capital expenses for your technology needs again. We’ll make the investment for you by analyzing workloads and providing the best solution for your network, servers, and computers.
Never worry about your equipment becoming outdated. We’ll replace all of your equipment every three years at no additional cost!We’ve got this.
Network and Service Infrastructure
Your office will only work as well as the core of the network.
The network and servers are the heart and lifeblood of any company that depends on technology to do business. SimplicIT implements and follows best practices for all network and server equipment. We’ll monitor for potential service interruptions to the business and apply resolutions with minimal impact to business processes. We’ll implement a policy that makes sense for the company to prevent both intentional and accidental interruptions to business operations.
Keep constant contact with your customers.
Staying in constant touch with your clients is extremely important. You need to know what is going on in their businesses in order to support them properly. We’ll help you stay in touch with everyone by utilizing phone, email, and other messaging and collaboration services. If you have troubles, you know we’ll be there to support you 100% of the way.We’ve got this.
Feature Rich Voice Services via the Cloud
- No Fees—No need to buy, lease, or pay maintenance fees on a complex PBX system at your office; your hosted PBX solution is delivered right over your Internet connection.
- Savings—We usually save businesses about 50% off their phone bill and up to 90% off what it would cost them to invest in a traditional PBX system.
- Simplify —Get everything you need from one company: your phones, all your calling features, and your local, long distance and international calls.
- One System—Distributed locations, office workers, home-based employees and traveling staff all share the same virtual PBX features; so no matter where they are located, they are only an extension call away from each other.
- Grow—Order as many extensions as you need now; add more extensions, fax lines, anytime.