You do all that you can to keep your business network safe from cybercrime. You have installed all the best software and update regularly but how do you know you didn’t miss something? Penetration testing, or a pentest, simulates cyberattacks on your IT systems to identify potential vulnerabilities that malware or cyber attackers can use to compromise your company in Pocatello ID.
Using various hacking techniques, also called ethical hacking, a cybersecurity team finds the vulnerabilities in your system, network, or application and quickly fixes them as a preventive measure against cyberattacks.
How It Works
Ethical hacking simulates a real-life cyberattack and provides critical information about your system’s potential weaknesses that a hacker can use remotely to access and compromise your data.
A typical penetration testing approach involves these steps:
- Planning: In this phase, IT technicians look at the scope and aim of the system test with the target company to define the testing methods and success metrics to use. Once done with the basic overview, ethical hackers start surveying the network’s components.
- Testing: In the testing phase, SimplicIT technicians use either dynamic or static testing solutions to assess how your network responds to simulated cyberattacks.
- Accessing Networks: The next step is to perform various network attacks, including SQL injections and web application attacks, to identify potential vulnerabilities. The technicians then attempt to exploit these vulnerabilities, from intercepting traffic to escalating user privileges to attempting to steal data. The idea is to see the extent a hacker can compromise sensitive data in your company system.
- System Analysis: After performing the above tests, pen testers then analyze results and report on the findings. This report has valuable, actionable insight into any vulnerabilities, the possible areas of exploitability, and the available remediation action to avoid a real-life cyberattack.
Penetration Test | Pocatello ID
How Often Should You Test Your Network?
The frequency of testing depends on your company budget, the size of the enterprise, and how dynamic your working environment is; less frequent testing leaves your network and apps vulnerable to new malware and attack methods, while too frequent testing does not give you enough time to fix the issues you identify.
Benefits of Testing
A penetration test identifies the following issues with your system network.
- Insecure Configuration or Setup of Hosts, Networks, or Devices
A hacker can exploit weak user credentials, unpatched applications, and unsafe user privileges to access your networks. And to avoid such risks, a professional performs penetration tests to identify and fix the loopholes.
- Authentication and Encryption Flaws
Data encryption using SSH, SSL, and TLS keeps communication data secure by converting plain text into cipher text. In some instances, however, companies use less secure methods that are easily compromised.
Carrying out a system test helps to assure you that your communication flow and data storage is safe and secure.
- Code and Command Injection
SQL injection involves executing malicious commands that query or instruct backend databases for information. Hackers then steal personal information and payment card details. You should schedule SimplicIT’s penetration test to prevent this malicious attack on your system.
SimplicIT offers Quality Penetration Testing
SimplicIT’s cybersecurity team is always equipped to protect your software resources against numerous ransomware and malware attacks, such as phishing and remote access attacks. We quickly perform penetration tests in 15 minutes to expose any vulnerabilities for your company, no matter the nature of the attack.
SimplicIT monitors your ransomware protection, encryption, endpoint protection, firewall, content filtering, and email and web security during this test; and promptly reviews the report. Contact SimplicIT at 208-326-3800 to keep your systems secure and grow your business.